A lot of people talk to me about how their minds are flooded with fast thinking, and then want to know how to make it all just chill out up there. It's just tiring and there's too much going on. Here are some ideas:
1. Occupy your mind intensely.
2. Change your physical state.
3. Check in on your physical, mental, emotional states, and take care of them.
4. Drown out some of it.
5. Identify what's going on: your mind is a speeding flood of thoughts.
6. Watch the flood of thoughts like it is a river you're standing next to.
I'll elaborate in future posts. In the meantime, try these out. But don't worry or judge if they don't work; different things work at different times for different people.